View Single Post
Old 02-11-2002, 11:12 AM   #10
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Ever wonder why car insurance is so high? I had an auto accident in my early twenties. I was over the center line on a road without a painted center line by 12-16 inches. I had dropped a lit cigarette in my lap. The oncoming vehicle was speeding. We struck a glancing head-on collision. As if it wasn't enough evidence of their speed, I only went a few feet off the road while they flew 50 feet off the road into a large front yard. Unfortunately, they could prove I was too far over, but not what the other persons speed was, according to the book. I was found at fault. Six years and seven months later, I get a notice that I'm being sued for it! The insurance company settled for almost $50,000! I'd like to think that they actually needed the money to pay off medical bills, but everyone walked away from the accident. I don't think any major injuries occurred. Injury lawyers generally walk away with 40-50% of the money in cases like these. Most judges rose to the office from the brotherhood of lawyers. Injury and damages lawsuits are the "meat and taters" on the plates of the lawyers profession. If you have deep pockets, you can rest assured that you'll be sued eventually.