View Single Post
Old 08-20-2001, 08:35 PM   #22
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildhorse:
That wouldn't explain it at all, it would mean this game would push the edge more than any other game which just isn't so as they are other games out there far more CPU taxing. Anyway, the bottom fact is, the game allows you to set it to CPU speed, which, in turns, would annul your theory about pushing the CPU to the max. I believe that this game as some very hard bugs in it and that some people will coast through these bugs without ever being affected and many others won't coast through. I've played very demanding games before and will after this one and won't cause this many crashes. Just today, 4 to desktop crashes, 1 spontanious reboot. And this as nothing to do with CPU, the fact is that most of these crashes occures when the SAVE command is given.
Mine just crashed last night. I got the "blue screen" stating that system was running low on memory, then everything went black. I restarted, just to discover that my saved game had just vanished. Luckily, my autosave is still there, so I can keep going, but I was doing a bunch of buying/stealing in the promenade, and now I have to do it all over again.

------------------

Death is only the beginning...