View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 10:57 PM   #19
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I honestly don't care if they delay it till the middle of next year, as long as it:

1. works out of the box
2. has fundamentals like the DM Client which are essential for PW and online roleplay.

KOTOR 2 was a great story but was spoiled for me by a number of bugs (thankfully I didn't have as many as other people had) and by a rushed storyline and incomplete quests. Which was even more annoying as it had the potential to be even better than KOTOR1.

I know that revenue targets drive company behaviours these days (as hitting revenue targets are also related to bonuses) but I hope Atari aren't doing a LucasArts and pressing for a Christmas release if the game's not ready. And if Obsidian are willing to release a substandard product then they deserve to go out of business. There's only so much that the customer will accept before you lose all your brand equity.

I understand and support the need to reach out to the singleplayer market with a great singleplayer game, but they shouldn't do that at the cost of an already established (and won over) multiplayer market segment. It's the MP and gamebuilding aspect which will extend NWN2's product life cycle. Obsidian and Atari can always release fantastic singleplayer expansions to service for the singleplayer market in the future.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote