View Single Post
Old 11-19-2002, 09:28 AM   #45
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
Attalus, as far as I know you can get weedkillers which aren't mixed with fertiliser too (and weedkillers which make the weeds grow so fast they'll kill themselves in the process).
I know, but they aren't Galadria approved. She is in charge of all things plant-related.
Actually, Willow, some weeds are grass, like Dallisgrass and crabgrass, and some are not, like chickweed and false clover. The pre-emergents are much more effective on the non-grass varieties. That is, using the definition of a grass as any of a large family (Gramineae) of monocotyledonous mostly herbaceous plants with jointed stems, slender sheathing leaves, and flowers borne in spikelets of bracts. I love that definition. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Lol Attalus. Iīm going to copy the above and give it to the hubby as directions on what to mow and what not! I get the feeling he wonīt appreciate it though

BTW did you know your name was also carried by one of King Philip of Macedonīs generals? And the name of a rich Roman senator?