View Single Post
Old 04-16-2002, 05:09 PM   #28
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Scronan:
Hi,

Been watching the threads about what "makes looks" for either gender (not going to comment on the one about women, I can't believe some of the guys who posted ever get dates). [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm curious about the height issue though. I'm asking the ladies here, what is it exactly about men who are a lot taller than you that you find so appealing?

I've noticed most men I know like women who are shorter and smaller than them, small and petite. Myself, I'm not particular, but I do like women my height with a medium frame and some meat on their bones. But that is just about the physical which is only part of what I'd look for in someone. The rest, personality, maturity, honesty and more must all be there along with physical chemistry.

But back to the height thing. Every now and then I try meeting women online, and its a real kick to read through the profiles and what they are looking for in men.

95% of them say "Tall, dark, handsome, over 6 ft" etc, etc. And in my day to day life, most women I meet talk about the same. I wonder, does it relate to the primal days of having a big strong mate who can't hunt and protect his family? With the advent of women's rights and more balance between the genders, has this changed? Doesn't seem like it has to me.

Well, I'm only 5' 9", and happy with who I am, so I'm not worried about living up to someone else's expectations. I'm just me, and I know I'll find a gal who appreciates that one of these days. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Curious to hear your thoughts. Great thread!

Scronan
HI Scronan! Hey, at MY height (4'11") you are tall! Being yourself is the only way to go, in my book! Ladies, this one's a keeper..

Gotta say I agree with you about the other thread.. some of those guys may be lucky a female stands within 10 ft of them if they catch onto the preferences they are professing! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

As for that 'primal' hunt/protect thing.. I think it may still be around in some way. I know I don't consciously think about it, but it does seem that the petite woman/tall man combination is a classic one. [img]smile.gif[/img] So I'd have to wonder if subconsciously we are still making some choices along those lines? I know when my honey enfolds me in his arms, I do feel extra safe, protected and get all warm n' fuzzy.. Hmmm.. think we ought to commission a study? LOL

[ 04-16-2002, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]