View Single Post
Old 01-04-2002, 09:33 AM   #68
yoinkdersplat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Regarding damage vs. disabling spells (in response to Thol's tip)...
(Note I don't know if this is spoilish or not, so I'll just take the precautions anyway):
I've actually found that many people prefer disabling spells over damage spells in this game, because most of the parties I see are heavily melee-oriented. In a melee-oriented party part of the goal is to get close to the enemy to beat them down. Because of that goal, disabling spells are almost always a better option as they make situations safer, faster and more reliable

Damage spells tend to do much better when you have all spell-casters in your group (or very close). I've found that then and only then do these types of spells REALLY shine (multiple casters can use spells to lower enemy resistances and the whole group is focused on ranged killing). Disabling spells seem to be better for most parties, because most people seem to have very melee-heavy parties. I know the mage-party works from experience (albiet annoying when starting out). Keep in mind that mythology is EXTREMELY important as stated in a previous tip (especially so for this type of group).

Have fun...
yoinkdersplat is offline   Reply With Quote