View Single Post
Old 05-07-2002, 03:29 PM   #30
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
No offense taken Cloudy [img]smile.gif[/img] And I understand your point.....never thought of it a s "class" structure. But on the other hand, it is nice to do something for those who can pitch in. Even my church puts up little plaques to those who can donate. Doing something nice for those who contribute doesn't HAVE to take away from those who can't or choose not to.
Sorry, Magik, but I think things like special titles/etc would be divisive. When new members ask 'How do I get that and how come you have it and he doesn't?" you have to say it's for the money sent and that immediately excludes young people who can't do it and we have A LOT of them at IW. It also excludes adults who for whatever reason are UNABLE to pay and frankly I just don't like the idea that someone who cheerufully supports IW in other ways but has not money to send might feel slighted because of it.. I think it's the idea that not everyone has the same things to offer and if we say only MONEY counts for getting this special 'award' then it cuts many out of the loop.
Just my two cents worth. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]I see your point. Well Ill try to support whatever methodology comes up. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-07-2002, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]