View Single Post
Old 12-05-2000, 06:16 AM   #1
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

Ok, got some questions for you...

About Dual Class. I can't really get the hang of this. You need to get a higher level in the new class than in the old to use the abilities of the old class. What abilities is this? Is it just Stealth, Find traps etc (if you were a thief) or is it special abilities too (like Kai shot if you dualed from a Kensai) or even old profiencies, like if the Kensai had 4+ on flails, will the dualed char get back those when he gets to a higher level than the Kensai was?

(Hope I'm not too confusing)

Also, I messed up my troupe good yesterday when I decided to dual my assassin who was at lvl 13, which would mean I needed to get to lvl 14 in my new class, fighter, to use the assassinpart (no other thief in the group, took Nalias keep with a gazillion of Knocks from Edwin, heh (yes I know I could have picked up Nalia instead)). Obviously this was a bad move I suppose since I wont be lvl 14 warrior until like in the end of the game, so I wonder what IS a wise move with Dual Class? Do you usually Dual right at the beginning, ie picking a Swashbuckler and Dualling him right away to get a fighter with thievery? What is the difference in the end between just multiclassing and dualing? I'm a little lost here and though I try to find out, it takes some time to level up the chars just to experiment.

My, this turned out to be a confusing post. Oh well. Please give me your opinions about Dual Class.