View Single Post
Old 06-23-2001, 09:17 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Hey Sis! Yeah, still flipping about LOL, albeit in a smaller version soon LOL

Please be careful CB, because the pharmaceutical companies will of course tell you that there are small percentages of "adverse reactions", as they are making money selling the drug. Not to mention that many doctors receive gifts, etc. from pharmaceutical companies for simply agreeing to recommend certain drugs.

Just one example: I went to a doctor about 6 years ago for headaches. She insisted that my problem was allergies (even though I had no obvious allergy symptoms, no watery eyes, no stuffy nose or sneezing, etc.). She prescribed two different drugs for me. First, she gave me Seldane (which, btw, I had to take every day, whether I had a headache or not, which I wasn't happy about). Then when that didn't seem to work, after about six months, she prescribed to me Hismanol. Well that didn't work either, and later both drugs were completely recalled because they did heart damage. Both of these drugs also cost a pretty penny. I also remember sitting in her waiting room and hearing her "prescribe" these same drugs to others. Last year, about this time of year, I also had some strange heart pains on and off that went on for about two months. Strange...

Not to mention the fact that the pharmaceutical companies have millions, and quite a lot of power in money and lawyers, and taking a drug off the public counters is not an easy thing to do, not without good evidence.

Anyway, again, just posting this FYI so to speak, I'm not trying to be preachy. I'm no expert on these matters, but thought to post it, as if it helps anyone, even one person, it is well worth it. Please be careful sis, I know you have allergies and need to take something for relief, I just worry is all...

------------------