View Single Post
Old 09-10-2001, 08:42 PM   #19
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

DragonMage - Man, that sounds like a scary experience. Especially the part where the guy pulls over and gestures wildly for yall to pull over (yeah right freako). It is amazing just how many people though actually act like this in traffic.

I, like Conan, live in the D.C. metropolitan area. I could probably write down a daily "driving incident" diary, something I see every day. So many people are either aggressive and in a huge hurry, or they are not paying any attention to what they are doing (talking on a cellphone, changing the radio station, diggin in the glove box, picking their arse, I DUNNO, but MAN do they do stupid things on the road!)

I have to file things almost every evening after work at the Patent Office. I have to go through this particular light that used to be two lanes, one for turning right, and one for going straight or left. Well, they are building a highrise now, and took one of the lanes away. So now I sit there and get beeped at by idiots that don't know I am going straight (I guess). I mean, I'm not running a red light and going through a very large intersection because you want to turn right, OK?? Anyways, I actually got not only beeped, but Bumped last week. This guy in dark sunglasses in a black sportscar actually thought to physically push me to go. Well, I didn't get out of the car or make a scene, as you never know who these freaks are nor what they are going to do. But he did see pretty good one of my fingers.

Conan - I took the subway into Crystal City from Dunn Loring for a good 8 years. In many ways it is better than traffic, but in many ways it is not. Guess it depends on how far you are goin and how close you live to a metro station. Dunn Loring always filled up its parking spaces early on, but I lived nearby, bout a 15 minute walk, so didn't have to worry about parking. But it was CROWDED!! Standing room only in the mornings, and the train started empty at Vienna, only one station from Dunn Loring! And in the evenings, in Crystal City station, MAN!! I'd be goin down the escalator and it was packed up, no where to go, nevertheless when the train comes. Huh! Good luck gettin in that with all those hoards. Worse thing was I remember, was that if you are on the train, like three or four seats down, and your stop comes up, and you get up to leave. Then like 50 frikken mothas pour in like so much cattle, and you can't even get out the door, and you hear that telltale "ding dong, Better Get Out Quick Dong". I actually seriously had to get viscious, and push and shove and cuss my way out of that door. Is a madhouse. Conan, tell me please that they have added more trains, and it is not that way anymore?

------------------