View Single Post
Old 01-09-2002, 04:20 PM   #6
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

personally, i dont feel that the difference in scribing spells is any better for your experience. sure, you get few extra experience, but even soloing, it doesnt give you enough experience to change anything. sure, maybe at lower levels you MIGHT be able to gain a level or two when you solo, but throw in extra party members, and scribing isnt worth it. sorcerors start out able to cast something like five first, second level spells, and like four third level spells. once you get to level eight, you can get stoneskin or whatever you want for a fourth level spell at NO cost to you, plus you can cast it three or four time right off the bat without resting to rememorize it. IMHO sorcerors are gods in this game. if you pick the right spells to learn you can defeat any obstacle thrown at you usually without much effort. also the fact that when you solo, once you reach higher levels(which happens fast when soloing) you STILL have to wait until later in the game to get cool spells like abi-dalzims and the like, if you use a straight mage that is. however, if you use a sorceror you have IMEDIATE access to those spells and when you do find that scroll, your sorceror can still use them (very usefull IF spells start to run low). i say play with what you like. its not like you rented the game or anything. if you dont like how one character plays or turns out, just stop, start over, and pick a new class or better version of the one you were playing. i didnt like barbarians at first, but they are easily my favorite fighter type in BG2 now. i laugh at kangaxx when he tried to imprison me. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! anyway, just have fun is my response, regardless of how long winded it is, [img]smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/mage1.gif[/img]
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote