View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 04:54 PM   #1
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Seeing all the people here who are in the know about computers, I think Ill pose a question. I have already fixed the situation, but I am curious as to what happened.

I felt like playing IWD2 one night. The disk was already in the computer and had been used previously that day, so that wasn't the problem. I turned the game on, and notice that it seems to not be loading as fast. Then, I hear a very loud crack, almost like a gunshot, and the computer said that it could not find the disk. I pressed the eject button on my drive, but nothing happened. I pressed the button again, and a message came up saying it could not read the disk. I then pressed it a third time and pried it open with a pair of scissors.

The disk had shattered. Not just split, it had broken into little pieces. I immediately felt to see if they had gotten too hot, but they were cool. I know that I did not put the disk only half in or something, since like I said I had used it earlier that day.

I am getting a new drive and a new copy of IWD2, so alls well. However, I have no idea how this occured. Does anyone have an idea?