View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 08:26 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi sagtattman!!

This won't be that difficult - I'll try to walk you through it all.

You not only need the saved games which should be in the save folder, you also need the roster.dat file as well. If you don't know where to find that, check the folders in your W&W directory. If your files are listed alphabetically, you should find it pretty easily - I think it may actually be in the same folder as the saved games but I no don't have W&W installed on this machine.

Once you have all your saved files and the roster.dat on your floppy, pop that into the new machine.
NOTE WHICH FOLDER these files were in on your old machine - again, I think it is the "Save" folder
Open your windows explorer and click to access your floppy drive.
You should then see a list of your saved games and roster.dat. Select them all - you can do that from the menu or click on the top most file and while holding down the shift key hit the END key - they should all be highlighted.

hit CONTROL C (copy) (hold down the control key and then hit the "c" key)
now you can either change your window to the W&W save folder or open another window and change to the W&W save folder.
Once you are in the Save folder hit CONTROL V (hold down the control key and then hit the "v" key).
You should then see that your files are being copied to the Save directory.

IF the roster.dat file was not stored in the Save folder on your old machine, copy it to whichever folder it was in on the new machine.

Hope I haven't confused you!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote