Thread: Monkey!
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2006, 08:09 AM   #7
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by timothy trotter:

what feats do you suggest i get? and in what order should i get them. he will be primarily a defensive tank, so increasing saves might be a good option here. what are the best feats for me?
Just my thoughts, but I don't think the saves feats is a good idea. A monk already has high saves and adding to that magic resistance, racial saves, and high ability bonus saves, getting that +2 saves feat is a waste of feat.
Even though the monk is defensive, I would suggest giving him offensive feats. Improved critical is an excellent choice. Power Attack->Cleave->Greater Cleave is another good choice but requires STR 13. Heretic's bane is good but I'm not sure if it is available to monks. Don't take dirty fighting; pretty useless since a critical hit is supposed to kill anyway (this feat is only useful if using ranged weapons). Dodge is OK. Blind fight is mediocre. You might also consider taking a ranged weapon feat. Or strong back, if you go with STR 10 (then again, a monk wears no armor so doesnt really need it).

As for skills, don't take the diplomat skills (diplomacy, bluff, intimidate) because your monk will not be talking due to his refuse-reward policy. Consider hide/move silently. It also depends on what skills the rest of the party takes. If none of them takes skills like Knowledge (Arcana), Alchemy, Search... consider giving them to your monk if he has nothing better.