View Single Post
Old 06-02-2001, 08:45 AM   #14
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Bronze:
P.S. If you would like to read more about Zirconium, check out the link at The British Columbia Institute of Technology
Holy crap! That is SCARY! I didn't know this Zirconium existed until AFTER I got on the internet a did searches for 'ziroc' on yahoo.. I made the name up in 1990! PLUS, I made the name up here IN FLORIDA! freaky.. rocks may talk to me! haha What is even WORSE you say? Read this paragraph from that British C. Site:

(Comments by me in brackets)
"Zirconium reacts with the oxygen and nitrogen (I do too) in the atmosphere to form a protective film that prevents further corrosion of the metal (I wear clothing). It is known in industry as a tough, corrosion-resistant metal (I'm a tough ass too! ) that is suitable for use in high-performance pumps (My Wife likes that), valves, and building material for jets and rockets(I've flown in a jet). Zirconium has very low neutron absorption (Ignore people I hate) capability and it serves as the inner lining of reactors in nuclear submarines and atomic power plants (Free power!). Its compounds have many miscellaneous applications in ceramics (Bowls to eat out of), catalysts, and special alloys. When alloyed with niobium, zirconium becomes superconductive (I have a temper). The sulfate of zirconium is used in tanning white leather.(Tanned in FL)"

Scary huh?

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 06-02-2001).]