View Single Post
Old 03-08-2003, 03:39 PM   #9
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by lasher:

As 6th i hesitate betweeen Mazzy and Valygar. What would you do?
Both Valygar and Mazzy are strong NPC's so choosing one is a hard task. As Xero mentioned Valygar is excellent at duel weilding Celestial fury and his own famaily Katana. Not being able to wear better armour than studded leather is a drawback but with this setup Valygar will deal so much damage so fast that he will kill enemies before they can do much damage to him. And remember Celestial Fury can stun enemies so they can't do much damage then, and of course there is a leather armour out there that is as strong as full plate mail.

Valygar in conclusion: If you want to take Valygar you could use Keldorn with gauntlets of dexterity or Jaheria(17 dex and a shield makes for a good AC) as your tank to soak up the enemies attacks and then send Valygar in to dice then up. Very effective.

Mazzy has weapon points in short bow and short sword so there is two options to use her as a ranged attacker or as a melee fighter. As a ranged attacker you have a number of short bows available, the tuigan bow for it's high attacks per round or tansherons bow or gesen bow which don't require arrows. I would go with one of the first two as the gesen bow is terribly slow. Another option for Mazzy is to give her a short sword and shield and send her in to the melee. Mazzy has 18 dex so give her a shield, good short sword(of which there is many) and a strength belt and she can be a fantastic melee fighter with a very low AC.

Mazzy in conclusion: Very low AC means Mazzy is a hard to kill ranged or melee fighter of a very high standard. Certainly one of the if not THE best NPC.

CONCLUSION:I have tried to detail the two NPC's uses to a party and there strengths the best I can to help you decide. In the end I'd go with Mazzy as you did mention you like to use ranged weapons and Mazzy is the ranged weapons queen. Keldorn and Jaheria will be suffiencent in the melee department but if you find you need more melee power you can always slap a shield on Mazzy and send her in.

[ 03-08-2003, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Zarr ]