Old 11-30-2006, 02:21 PM   #241
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
Going for the Trifecta...
So, his group believes it's not ok to lie to them, but you can fly plane loads of them into buildings full of them. That's a very hard position to defend, isn't it?
Speculations. No proof. Put him on trial and then we'll know. [/QUOTE]No. We already know. Where was he caught? What is the content of the letter to his father, that was posted by his family? What did he say in the news interview? Or, are you saying that now we have to prove that terrorists flew planes into the towers? You see, it's a very touchy thing, when you start talking about proof. As has already been stated, in posts that must have escaped your attention, the delays for his trial are not the fault of officials at Gitmo, but caused by other prisoners, trying to avoid what they see would be a guilty verdict in a Military Tribunal. The fact that SCOTUS ruled that they aren't constitutional means very little to me at this point, as they ruled that Eminent Domain was constitutional. Not different points, while not directly related, they are related in that they are decisions made by the court that raise eye brows. Military prisoners should be tried at military tribunals, just as Court Martials are conducted by the military. However, as I have already pointed out elsewhere, Judicial branch delays are not the fault of the Administration. They are a separate branch of the government. You, however, continue to maintain, despite all that has been presented, that President Bush has a hard on for him, and that's why he hasn't been tried. Try this, read the information that you link to, instead of the paragraph that fits what you want to say. The delays for his trial are fully explained, in information you provided.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote