Thread: Torchlight II
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 02:14 AM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Thumbs Up Re: Torchlight II

Sorry, I wasn't sure before but just went and checked it. Torchlight does not have any xpacs. It's the game "Fate" I was actually thinking of - an earlier game from the same designer. I have Fate and one expansion along with Torchlight on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyzekke View Post
That's pretty cool you can play it on your Android. Is it tough though because it is so small? I wonder if I can get it on my ipad (bigger screen)? I should check it out. Just wonder how you'd play it with just a touchscreen though, sounds kind of tough to do?
I was actually running the older game Fate instead of TL on my Android. Currently I think TL is only available on PC & consoles but I read on the forums that they intend to bring it to the iPad so you're in luck. I imagine it will be ported to other tablets too eventually. When they will do this idk, and of course it will be a little less hardware intensive/dumbed down to minimum requirements.

As an example, there's another game I play on the Android which is a kind of clone of both Fate and TL combined and turned into a free MMO. I forget the name of it, it might even be chinese or something, but its on the app marketplace for free. Anyways, the controls on that game are awesomely responsive and fluid via touchscreen and the server connection is really good. Basically, I can adventure, heal other players and even PvP with ease mainly because they designed the controls so well. For less touch-friendly games I usually just use a stylus if I am having trouble or screw it and play on my desktop.