View Single Post
Old 12-27-2002, 11:10 AM   #1
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I was working a half-day on Christmas Eve and met our Director of Nursing in the mail room shortly before leaving. She was opening a package she had received from an E-bay vendor.

Inside were 4 Yu-Gi-Oh cards for which she had paid $214.00 [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] She said it was all her son (9 yrs old) wanted for Christmas because he would be able to win ANY battle he entered with these 4 cards. {btw, Yu-Gi-Oh is a cartoon-based trading card game similar to Pokemon and Magic}.

That was outrageous enough, but then she told me she had once spent $200.00 on ONE Pokemon card....only to have her son grow tired of Pokemon a few months later.
[img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]

Is it just me? Or does anybody else think this is just completely insane? Spending that kind of money on a handful of cards that are going to be tossed aside before long is just plain crazy. Obviously, she didn't learn her lesson with the Pokemon card. [img]graemlins/headshake.gif[/img]