View Single Post
Old 09-21-2001, 10:18 PM   #22
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
OK OK, the reason I ask this is that many many times I have seen what are IMO stupid, pointless threads get like 10 pages of discussion and answers and meaningful, useful threads get like 1 or 2 replies. It seems to me that most people are influenced firstly by who started the thread, for example, almost everyone reads a thread started by a moderator even if it is just crap. Only secondly are they influenced by the title. Personally, I judge by the title whether to check it out and then if I reply, I'll always check back later to see what else was said, maybe to my reply. Only after this do I worry about who started the thread. I don't usually care how many answers it's got, even if it's got 10 pages I jump in anyway

Everyone please carry on answering, it's interesting to see what makes ppl read a thread and what puts them off.
Hey.. what you disdain, another may favor! My point being that everyone here has an opinion on what they like or don't like and it may not coincide with yours. In addition, some people come here for hearty serious discussions and others to laugh and relax. Some do both. Different reasons, different preferences.

I also try to follow a thread if I post but not always. So many times I find things move down quickly and I forget all the places I was following. Or frankly I don't have time to do it and new threads pop up ever few minutes some days!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 09-21-2001).]