View Single Post
Old 05-24-2001, 08:48 PM   #26
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Of course winning is fun, but having fun while playing is important too, otherwise you will only think it fun to play at one time during the game: When you win. With my party I had tons of fun, with Jan's funny stories, and Minsc's insane ramblings , lol, that was SO funny, and of course also the occasional remark from Edwin that was as much funny to me as it was insulting to the rest of the party.
I agree about the fun part, the process of winning is suppose to be fun too, but my ultimate goal/satisfaction comes from beating down my opponent (e.g. for a racing game, getting 2nd is just a nicer way to say you are the first of the losers)....no spoils attached (at least that's for me). Because when I am standing, and he/she is not, who's to say. And trust me, I hate reloads. To be honest, after having Jan in my party for 3 full games (both good and evil), his NPC interaction is good and funny (esp with Keldorn, Minsc and Viconia), but they tend to get old after a while. Since most of my later games are devoted to experience different classes/kits of characters, finishing the game has become my primary priority (to beat down Jon) as many of the processes becomes been there, done that.
My whole point of this is not to discount ANY NPCs in the game, every (well, almost every) NPC is valuable in some point of the game, but some ppl simply saying one of them is useless without anything backing up or just repeating minor cons is the reason for me to be long-winded (which I don't think you are one of them Neb). The whole idea is that this is all dependent on the type of game you want to play (roleplay, powergaming ... etc). That's my 2 cents.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!