View Single Post
Old 08-10-2004, 02:03 PM   #5
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
I do a lot of business of eBay and I know exactly what you mean, Sir K. It's becoming less and less attractive to sell items on there. I've done a few hundred transactions in total and I've always been a bit resentful at the large chunk of money eBay takes from each sale you make, not to mention the Paypal surchage. Since Paypal is owned by eBay, they pretty much push it as the only way to pay for auctions, and so they get double-up cash. It's becoming extortion.

Do you or does anyone else know of anywhere else to sell? I'd be willing to look elsewhere if it's more profitable as a seller.
My solutions may not be as attractive to you. I mostly use Ebay for buying/selling hobby gear and finding hard to find collectables for Xmas gifts. If you go to forum sites dealing with the kinds of hobbies or items you're selling, you can often find a buy/sell/trade forum. They are meant mostly for individuals and not businesses. Most of these you can post for free! You may have to wheel and deal with people though. As a buyer you may be taking a greater risk than on Ebay depending on feedback methods. Many sites like this will ban users for ripping someone off, but some may not. As a seller, you may have to provide credentials of some sort.