View Single Post
Old 08-10-2004, 01:10 PM   #1
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Ebay is now my last option for selling items. They now base the cost of your listing on the asking price too! You can easily pay 10-12 bucks for your total listing costs if you sell doing a reserve auction and use paypal to accept payment on a relatively low priced item! That can be a hefty percentage of your profit! Of course, costs are always passed on to the consumer eventually, which is why costs on Ebay seem to be going up.

I'm going to hazard a guess that you get a substantial discount on bulk listings. That would explain the endless pages of identical items that drown out small businesses and individual listings. Why they allow this I don't know. Dutch auctions are supposed to be used for multiple item sales.

I've sent them correspondance explaining why I sell using other resources now, and also why I buy less from Ebay. Perhaps it will help. I can't be the only one noticing this trend of greed.