View Single Post
Old 10-25-2001, 04:56 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Every year, United Way comes through and tried to get corporations to pledge a certain amount of money to their charity. This money is not given by one-time donations. They prefer you have a deduction from your check each pay period. I was talking to some people, and mentioned that I do alot of community service, donate to the church to help the member families that cannot afford food get it, and various other things...and so I would assume not to have this pay-deduction on the account that I feel like I do my part, and I cannot really lose more money to another association, unless I decreased my efforts in the afore-mentioned items I am currently engaged in.

I was warned that I would be looked down upon, and shunned by my negligence to contribute to the United Way.

I hear rumor that on the golf course...the executives from large corporations make bets on how much they can get their employees to pay, and I also hear rumor that the President of each company gets a personal bonus from United Way by meeting certain goals.
These are pure rumor, however, not based on fact...yet why do the Executives push for United Way more than any other charity???

They are not the best. The JDRF(Juvinile Diabetes Research Foundation) gives 85% of the earnings toward the actual research. Coming in at #2 is the National Cancer Society at 80%. Where does United Way come in on the chart for actual money contributed to the cause???

------------------

3rd Member of the Ancient OHF
Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position & Ambassador)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.