View Single Post
Old 01-28-2002, 12:37 PM   #50
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Cloudy, I am glad your safe!!! I have someone that is very close to me that was raped as a teenager (date rape). I hope no one else I know ever has to go through that. It took her years to get over it and a lot of patience.

Most communities in the US have some sort of rape awareness and self defence course. I have and Amry friend here in Knoxville that teaches one. I personally wouldn't want to mess with her. After she torn his head off, she'd s*** down his neck. She is also a qualified firearms instructor and a competitive shooter. She is also a full time combat instructor for a federal agency near by. You can probably contact one of these classes through your local police department.

One thing about the firearms advice, for those of you in the states. Before you rush out and purchase a firearm, please ask yourself one question before buy it. Could I use this to take another persons life, if I had too? And be honest with yourself. If you answer "no", then don't buy it. It could be used against you in a bad situation.

If you answer "yes", then please after you buy it, go enroll in a class and for, petesake, learn how to use it. Don't just learn how to shoot one, but also learn all the laws concerning it's use.

And afterwards go to the range every so often. You wouldn't believe the people I know that have gone out and purchased a firearm and ammunition for self-defence and either fired it a little or not at all and put in a drawer somewhere. By doing that, you may just be endangering someone elses life other than the one that needs endangering.

To those of you in England and Oz, why is self-defense not a reason to hurt someone that was trying to HURT YOU in the first place? I'm sorry, but I don't understand that.