View Single Post
Old 08-22-2001, 11:03 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Here are some excerpts from the Black Isle forums from David Gaider, Senior Designer at Bioware. He's talking about an unofficial romance mod to ToB involving Valygar, to give our female gamers another option from Anomen. This is still fairly early days, but it looks promising as most of the scripting for this romance is already in the game - just some minor additions to dialog.tlk needed.

Originally posted by Dave Gaider at Black Isle:

Quote:
Well, I have been toying with the idea of writing the Valygar romance (as it was planned originally) in ToB...it's pretty short, but I think it's alright.
If someone else wants to do it, though, and thinks they can, I'd be happy to turn over the script for it. The in-game writing never got farther than the sequence with the Gorion wraith and the ending...the middle stuff was planned but never written.

You know...I always WANTED to write the Valygar romance for BG2, itself, as well as ToB.

But here at work, the dialogue files for BG2 are all sealed off, so I can't edit or add anything to it. I was talking to Kevin about what 3rd-party dialogue editors exist out there, but I wasn't able to find anything that could help me and build a new talk table on top of that. {Just to let you know that a 3p dialogue editor does exist, it's TeamBG's IDU - Memnoch}

If you know how to do that, Manveru, I'd be more than happy to write a full-fledged BG2 Valygar romance...the scripting part is the easiest for me (I can even add in the vampire thing, too)...I just need the proper tools.

If not, well...a ToB Valygar romance might have to do.

(And if you're interested, I still DO have the whole design doc that was originally intended for Haer'Dalis's BG2 romance.)

Considering that I was the one who had to stand front and center and receive a barrage of flak from the female gamer community for something that wasn't my fault, I'm sure you can understand the fact that I've always had the urge to give the girls what they were originally supposed to get.

Besides, I like Valygar. He was the very first NPC I got to write when I joined Bioware.
I saw DaveG checking out IDU at TeamBG just today. I'll keep you posted on this very interesting development.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote