View Single Post
Old 10-03-2001, 10:14 PM   #9
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Well definatly you need to get carsomyr for keldorn. Also if you don't have the guantlets of dexterity for him those will help his ac alot.

Your kensai/mage shouldn't be taking damage like he is. I have played quite a bit with a kensai mage. With robe of vecna,zerth blade etc etc his ac should be one of the best, if not the best in the party. Throw stoneskins on top of that and it should be rare that he ever gets injured. Sending others into the fight first should ensure of that.

Anomen with a shield should but also very sturdy but you want minsc and keldorn taking most of the blows (with anomen and jaheria in your party you got plenty of summoning power too so you should be going into most fights with summoned creatures as fodder).

The fact that most of your party can melee means that you shouldn't really worry about 1 person in particular being designated as the tank anyways. With so many targets for the enemy its better because the damage gets spread around. Just send in the summoned critters first (I always send in fodder before my characters), then the brutes and the other decent melee people (like anomen,jaheira) behind them.

Oh and as for killing the dragon for carsomyr your party should be able to handle it no problems. You have a pretty strong group there and level 12 is plenty.