View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 12:55 PM   #41
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

BTW, America did have its influx of puritans trying to escape persecution in the UK, as I recall.

So they came here and persecuted all those who didn't follow their beliefs... and the pot called the kettle black.

Where I live, there's a town nearby populated with dutch settlers who left Holland centuries ago to escape religious persecution. Want to guess which group is the most vocal and demanding when it comes to things that require a little liberal thinking?

It's no coincidence that in that same town (Holland, by name) the biggest firepot of Harry Potter book censorship grew up. In fact, we had bookstores ban the book without even reading it, just 'cause someone said it was bad.

Without even reading it! For those folks, I have another book I suggest banning because it involves sex (hetero, homo, and premarital), murder, rape, fratricide, magical spellcasting, demons, devils, and resisting authority and leadership. Pretty nasty stuff, all in all. And they let four and five year olds hear this stuff! By eight, they're expected to read it themselves!

Want that stuff happening in your town? Most people don't. Does your opinion change if I tell you that book is the Bible?

Yep, all that is in there.

Censors. Bah!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.