Thread: Whats easier?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2001, 04:37 PM   #12
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:

1. You are limited to only 5 summons. One of the sure-fire tactics to handle any hard encounter in BG1 was to send a horde of creatures at the opponent; generally, you would keep the wizards pounding out summons while your party's archers picked apart the opponent. In the final fight with Sarevok, my computer was running at a snail's pace, due to all of the summons I had out! By limiting you to 5 summons, this forces your party to actually engage many of the harder opponents (i.e. forcing you to actually be heroic, instead of hiding behind your summons).
I relied heavily on tanks in BGI and unfortunately did not use summons at all. An unlimited number of summons must have been an impressive sight in BGI. Maybe I'll have to go back just to see that.

However, 5 Mordiken's (sp?) swords, which are immune to most damage can do a great deal of damage in a relatively short period of time.

I am basing my opinion on my experiences. In BGII I beat the Twisted Rune on my 3rd try with a solo Sorcerer when in BGI it took an ungodly number of tries for my entire party to beat those stinking 4 Dwarves in Durlag’s Tower. Granted much of the difference had to do with tactics but this is why I say, IMHO, they are roughly proportionate in difficulty.

------------------

[This message has been edited by onthepequod (edited 07-03-2001).]