View Single Post
Old 10-08-2002, 02:57 PM   #1
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

A new type of contest/poll, and simultaneously a new low for BG stupidity. 2 for the price of 1, hoo boy!

The Object: Create the absolute WORST character you can. The only rule is that you're not allowed to move points from 1 stat into another; all of your stats must be natural rolls. You are allowed to cheat illegal race/class combinations, provided you preserve the integrity of hitpoints, Saving Throws, etc. (For instance, to make a Half-Orc Mage, you build a Human Mage and then apply the STR and CON bonuses, and the INT and CHA penalties. Their Saving Throws are exactly the same.)

*** My Starter Character: ***

Putz

Male Lawful Neutral Human Thief
8 / 10 / 11 / 13 / 17 / 17

Thieving Skills at Level 1:
Pick Pockets: 25%
Open Locks: 5%
Stealth: 0%
Find Traps: 0%

I took this guy through the Prologue of BG1, and MAN he was pathetic! He needed to drink a Healing Potion to kill Carbos, but he managed to hold his own against the Rats pretty well. Thief-wise, he could only open ONE of the locked chests in Candlekeep! He tried to pickpocket a couple of useful items, but naturally turned everyone hostile instead. He walked out of Candlekeep with only 134 gp....I have NEVER left with so little, unless I spent the lot on Healing Potions.

My only regret with this character is that he's strong enough to carry armor, so with Studded Leather and a Buckler, his AC was 6. It would be REALLY sweet if he could only carry 5 pounds of gear--pretty funny to see him using a Sling to protect his whopping 6 hitpoints against a pack of Wolves.