View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 07:18 PM   #9
Tyros the Demon Slayer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm beginning to think I'm not worthy of answers that complete and helpful. Thanks Tom and Flamestryke.

Just to respond to a couple of your comments:

1. I typically try a six-person party, adding whatever characters I can recruit. More often than not, I do Monestary - Arnika (picking up Vi and Myles) - Trynton (trading Madras for Myles) and, if I survive that far, the Swamp. In the swamp, any sort of encounter can typically be problematic, although my guys are normally L9 or so by then. I've been to the Bluff once, and wandered (by mistake) in the SE Wilderness once. While I ran from and survived a certain encounter there that I gather is well-documented, I still met my end at the hands of a bunch of other magical types.

2. What I've done a few times, is instead to do Monastery, N. Wilderness, Umpani (picking up Sparkle and Saxx), back to the N. Wilderness. If I don't mess with the Hogar, I go back to Arnika, and then try to make it to Trynton (or sometimes do the cemetary dungeon). Those are the games when I rarely survive long enough to hit the Trynton fountain etc.

3. I've never had my characters actually hit level 11 -- some of the non-spell casters have hit L10.

4. Typical party: Dracon Fighter, Human Valkyrie, Human Bard, Hobbit (or Felpurr) Rogue, Human (or Dwarf) Priest, and Elf (or Faerie) Mage. Sometimes I go with one primary spell caster, a bishop, and then a bunch of secondary spell-casting types (Samurai, Lord, Monk, Gadgeteer, Bard). I gather, from what I've read so far that this latter approach can be problematic because it greatly slows down your access to the important protective spells (element shield, soul shield, are there others?)

Thanks again -- I appreciate any and all thoughts.
Tyros the Demon Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote