View Single Post
Old 09-11-2001, 01:40 PM   #27
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
Amen Memnoch. I saw the destruction on TV and I prayed that God would have mercy on the poor people caught in the buildings. The only thing anyone can do now is pray that those who did this will answer for their crimes at the last day.

And Dragonmage..Christian/Wiccan???

Uh, yeah. Sounds weird, I know, but I'm VERY unconventional. I'm very tolerant and open to other's beliefs (even if I don't agree). I was raised non-denom. because my Dad denounced Catholicism (he and his siblings were treated poorly and he HATES hypocrites and feels most Catholics are [not my opinion]) and all other organized religion. I was not allowed to attend any kind of church growing up. My Mom was 7th-Day Adventist, then Baptist, but stopped going to church because of Dad. I had many religious friends in school trying to talk to me about God. I didn't want to listen. But I'd been reading the Bible since I was six. Then one day, my Senior year, I asked one of my best friends what all this meant that she'd been telling me about being "saved". She nearly choked on her breakfast! She and I talked off and on all day and then that night. She led me to Christ. I was saved that day, but I AM a genius and very inquisitive. I've always been interested in EVERYTHING. I got to comparing other religions with my own and decided that everyone else didn't need to be WRONG. I believe most religions have a common thread in them. A central Deity and others who serve that Deity. Christianity is the same. God and the angels (and us). Wicca doesn't really believe anything much different. We just call entities by different names. Where Christians may invoke angels to help, Wiccan invoke elemental spirits. What's the difference? I just add to the Wiccan that, above all other spirits that help us, God reigns supreme. My ideas are hard to explain sometimes. If you want, I can go into more detail. I don't mind sharing what I feel or believe as long as I'm not ridiculed. I know why Larry seems reluctant to share his faith - being shot down hurts, but I'll take my chances with you lot.

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)