View Single Post
Old 10-24-2004, 01:51 PM   #1
Soothsayer
Dungeon Master

I was pretty pleased to have finally completed IWD this week, for the first time. I had been as far as the Dragons Eye caves twice before, just to learn a bit about party combinations (This being my first RPG).

OK so, I went through with a four person party, comments welcome;

1: Human, Pure fighter, ****Axes **Crossbows **Great Swords. I was lucky and got Strength 18/00 on second roll too. He finished at level 13.

2: Human, Ranger, 19 Constitution thanks to permanent potion, **Bows **Long swords **Short Swords **Maces. Always used 1-Hand melee weapons and no shield (3 attacks).

2: Half-Elf, Thief, Probably a mistake, level 16 at the end, should have multi-classed (who needs a level 16 thief?)

4: Human, Cleric/Mage. Totall awesome character. Can use shield and sanctified weapons without losing any mage abilities, soo many spells too. Only problem is, I never got any Mage spell slots above level 6. I had loads of spells though, just couldnt use them. Level 10 Cleric, Level 11 Mage.

I completed the original IWD, no patches no expansions. I have a saved game within the Cryshal Tower so I can export characters, but I cant exit the tower!

I want to continue gameplay, so what do I do to move onto HOW? (Having bought it)

Glitches I found in original IWD game:
Rebelling Lizard Men in Dragons Eye
No journal Entries for chapter 5 (I went into Lower Dorns before entering the aquarium)
Frozen characters on return to easthaven (fixed by not selecting all characters when video starts playing)
Unable to leave The Cryshal tower.

Sorry for the long post, and lack of focused subject, Im just alittle excited having wanted to complete this game for a long time.
Yay! Im happy!

[ 10-24-2004, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Soothsayer ]