View Single Post
Old 04-30-2002, 03:56 PM   #29
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Some things MUST change Kenyth! People will always change and the laws will always need to be changed with them! The power mongers and criminals will always find it easier to exploit a system that remains one way, rather than one that changes to counter them. The american constitution is in some ways OUTDATED.

If you're gonna buy guns to defend yourself anyway, what use is the police? Or the FBI? Or the rest of the law enforcement people? They're not necessary then, you've got the guns yourself. YOU go take care of your precious law. No, the reason for the law enforcement people is that they can be TRUSTED with the guns so that THEY can defend you and your loved ones.

And there's noone to stop anyone from taking advantage of us, most of the time we can't even stop it ourselves. And the few times when we can guns probably won't help us. The pen IS mightier than the sword, the gun and all of the other weapons.

*sigh* People complain about religious fanatics..... That's close to what some of you are, defending fanatically your "right" to bear arms and "defend yourselves".
Are you saying it's not my right to defend myself? If so, you've been brainwashed out of a basic instinct, and I beg to differ! What makes the federal agencies or police any more blessed to be trusted with a firearm than me?

I answered a similar post Neb. The police are great. They can't be everywhere at once. They'll be there when it's all over and done with and take the report. Maybe they'll even catch whoever killed you and raped your loved ones. Did you know if you call the police, they don't come, and you're raped/maimed/killed you have no legal recourse? The only compensation you might get is sympathy! This has happened before. The police are not held responsible for your safety. YOU ARE!

I also seem to remember the right to use the "Pen" being protected by a similar constitutional right. This one has also been nibbled at over the years. But don't worry, if they revoke one amendment, they surely won't go after the others, right?

[ 04-30-2002, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: Sir Kenyth ]