Thread: Risen
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Default Re: Risen

I really adored this game, having played it through twice. The soundtrack in particular is gorgeous and something I enjoy listening to relax to outside of playing. There's also some classic dungeon crawling with puzzles which I found to be a treat, a nice contrast to the cookie cutter stuff that tends to plague action-rpgs.

It's a shame that the Australian OFLC meant that it couldn't be purchased here, as I'd really like to find a Collectors Edition of it. The game is easily superior to the consolised rubbish that was Arcania. It's doubly exciting that Risen 2 has been officially announced - hopefully Piranha Bytes can deliver a slightly more ambitious experience that doesn't seek to rest too heavily on the shoulders of Gothic 1&2 as Risen did, but that's understandable considering the reception Gothic 3 received.

In short - hope you're enjoying it Dplax, as Risen was one of my favourites from 2009/2010.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Last edited by CerebroDragon; 12-16-2010 at 11:59 AM.
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote