View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 09:25 PM   #1
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

http://wiredblogs.tripod.com/games/i...try_id=1422030

Incidentally...this guy's getting slammed all over the comment section of his blog for this review, and probably rightfully so..he does come across as a whiny little nitpicker...to me.

It is mentioned that the game doesn't escape from "load area" halts...but we all knew in our hearts of hearts that that would be so. Draw distance is also limited...which we all knew would be the case, whether we wanted to admit it or not...

So, does the review change my attitude toward purchasing the game? No. Does it tell me that some of the things that made Morrowind so intensely frustrating on my last computer might surface again? Probably.

Interesting point that he makes about the horse, though...riding it does make the game have to load areas more often...

I've experienced the extreme end of this effect in Morrowind when I made that levitate potion (6100 points of levitate makes you fly REALLY fast!)....the game had to load a new area about every two or three seconds, while I was flying, but, since the game's installed on a RAID array, I have a FAST hard disk access time...

I think hard disk access speed might actually have some significant bearing on this game...which would REALLY explain the review, given it was played on an X-Box 360.

That's my take on it all.

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote