View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 05:41 AM   #10
Lucern
Quintesson

I liked both of those too, and I have seen the dreaded Neverending Story 3. Granted, the second Neverending story wasn't exactly in Oscar contention, but NS 3 is just confusing. I got it hoping it'd be something my friends could make fun of in a bad movie way, but we couldn't figure out if either:

1) It's genuinely the worst movie ever, even considering the overwhelming possibilities of all future movies, even considering the hypothetical threat of White Chicks 2 or the very real threat of another Rockey with Stalone (presumeably as Rockey).

2)The makers actually hated the original and wanted to destroy it.

I mean, I can understand not having the money to fully animate the dragon, or not being able to get the same voice, but why make him both mentally retarded and have a wavering southern-US accent?

And that queen, or whatever she was, floating in infinite time or whatever: she's utterly occupied with shopping. Was this an afterthought when they arranged to film at a mall?

Why does half the movie take place in a mall anyway? I guess it was cheap.

And a rock-biter baby singing Born to Be Wild riding a rock-motorcycle forced me to redefine my concept of crap.

On the plus side, you can see a younger Jack Black as a bulley lol.

In any case, it wasn't any fun to make fun of. It was just too bad for that. It wasn't even trying.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote