Thread: Soloing?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2001, 09:05 PM   #14
andrewas
Harper

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Ludtke:

PS. During a solo am I supposed to use a guy that made it through already and cheat to get the boots of speed and bag of holding, cause I started it with a new character and I am getting my ass whupped.

you mean take someone through the game an import them to get improved level!

NO. NO. NO.

dont do it.

start a new character. if youve been through the game already you will have found instances where you had to use clever tactics to succede, right? (if not, i pity you. you musta missed a lot). times when wandering in, swords swinging, just gets you chunked. times like kangaxx for instance.

well, in a solo you have to do that all the time. you have to build a character that can handle anything the game throws at you, from an army of kobolds to a flight of dragons. (ok, i exagerate. there are only ever 7 dragons on-screen at once. and even thats a baldurdash improvement). you have to be constantly inventive, learn the limits of your character and how to counter them. if you can solo any class through on insane, you will be a better player, and it will show when you play with a party again. and i look forward to fighting alongside allies such as this when it comes to NWN.