View Single Post
Old 05-31-2001, 05:51 AM   #5
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Yea, I had to redo the DROW quests all over again, basically The Drow city quests are linear in nature, something I really hate in Roleplaying games, and didn't expect to run into in BG2. You have to do 1, then 2, then 3, etc. If you miss a step, you are stuck. You can't even just skip the city and continue on through the game, you are stuck and have to restart that section.
What happened was that I had 1 hour to meet the girl back in her room. If i had done that, I would have continued with the egg quest and finished up the city, but I ran into 2 subquests on the way, and turned to do them. The lich tower and the Worshippers. Doing those 2 quests took more than an hour, She came looking for me, revealed me, and I was screwed.
For everyone who is in the Drow city, make sure you read up on what to do. Since you have to do everything in a basic set order, and if you don't you hit a plot ender in the game, I consider this part of the game something you should read up on.
I don't like to use cheats and walkthroughs until I already go through those parts of the game, just to see all the stuff i missed, but I needed to read up on them just to figure out what happened in the DROW city, and that i REALLY didn't like. Took me a full day or so to redo the quests to get back up to speed, was a major bummer, but hey, we all had one less drow city, with no drow in it LOL I killed all of them. The city was MINE! course, i couldn't get out of it.