View Single Post
Old 11-15-2000, 03:34 PM   #9
Kate
Welcomed New User

The experience cap thing in Baldurs Gate was put there so that when they released the next bit (Tales of the Sword Coast) it would still be challenging and not a walk-over. In TOTSC you take your original characters and go do some more adventuring, the experience cap thing is then put at a higher level.
I finished Baldurs Gate, didn't get far with TOTSC, started Icewind Dale and BGII, haven't got far with any of them, because I was playing Diablo II at the time and now W&W.
Frankly I think the BG series of games are far better, (And don't include any bloody Amazoni plants!) but in a different way to W&W. At least you don't fall down ladders and take damage all the time. (They tend to use stairs). The bugs in the original game were largely sorted out with patches. (Hint hint!)
Oh, I'm just being picky, both games have their merits.
My main problem is that their is no multi-player option in W&W, you see we have 2 networked computers at home and we like to play multiplayer games together - that way at least we get to talk to each other occasionally!
(The other problem of course is, so many games, so little time!)