Thread: Insomnia
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 08:07 AM   #5
Lady Sedai
Banned User

Well, I've got a couple of suggestions, but I don't know for sure they'll work. Something to consider at least, though.

I used to stress myself into sleepless nights - often awake up to 4 days at a time.

One thing, for me...if it isn't too severe, reading will put me to sleep. It just takes my mind off of other things enough to distract me and let my mind relax.

The other is a *good* workout. If you get in a good workout and cooldown before bed, it will often physically exhaust you to the point your mind *can't* stay awake. Not a workout that *hurts* you, mind you. Just a really intense one that leaves you good and tired. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edited to clarify: I didn't mean to do the workout *right* before going to bed, but to do so in the evening. I'm an odd person in that, if I work out in the morning, it gives me loads of energy, but if I *also* work out for about 20 or 30 minutes in the evening, even if it's just a walk in the neighborhood - a few hours before I go to bed - it helps me sleep for some reason. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also! Something to consider trying...take a warm shower before going to bed. This has helped relax me soooo much at times.

[ 12-15-2004, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Lady Sedai ]