View Single Post
Old 11-15-2003, 11:37 AM   #2
motub
The Magister

What does the rest of the party look like? I don't have a Rogue/Druid, but I do have a Monk/Rogue and a Druid/Cleric, so I can tell you at least one technique they use together.

I usually send the Monk/Rogue ahead alone, hidden. I then unhide the Rogue so that the enemies swarm her, and the Druid casts Entangle directly on the Monk/Rogue, thus entangling all of the enemies surrounding the Monk/Rogue. Naturally, it helps at this point for the Monk/Rogue to have an item that makes her immune to this, a Potion of Freedom, or someone should have cast Freedom of Movement on her before she hid. If you then have other melee fighters who have such an item or potion or spell cast on them, you can send them in to cut the entangled enemies down, use area effect spells like Fireball (which the Rogue should be able to avoid at higher levels, or you can just get the Rogue out of the area before hand), or naturally archers can just fire at will in complete safety.

This type of strategy should work for a Rogue/Druid as well, the character would just cast Entangle on him/herself instead of another character, and maybe would need to buff with Protection From Fire if the Wizard (assuming there is a Wizard) will be lobbing Fireballs at him/her, depending on how high the Rogue levels were in comparison to the Druid levels (meaning that if your girlfriend focused on getting Druid levels, the Rogue levels might not be so high for Evasion purposes).

[ 11-15-2003, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: motub ]
motub is offline   Reply With Quote