View Single Post
Old 04-28-2003, 02:55 PM   #1
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Well, I think my PC has finally given up the ghost. Well...possibly. Maybe some people can help me out, but I'm not very hopeful...but, I didn't post just to moan, I did post for help so maybe you can help...oops, I'm babbling, anyway, I'll get to the point.

My PC starts up fine. Click on the user (Windows XP) and it loads that up fine. So far, so good. The problem? When I open a program, like Winamp for example, it stalls, then reboots. All the time. So I can't open anything, IE, Winamp, Control Panel, you name it.

I tried a system restore to a previous date. Didn't help. (I loaded that up from the Start Menu). I tried a defrag, it rebooted. I opened it up, cleaned a little, didn't help. I tried loading it in my sister's user area. Nope. I am in desperate need here. Please, I beg you, does this mean it has gone? Do I need a new hard drive? Can it be saved?

My stats are:-
Windows XP
1.5 Ghz
256 MB RAM
DirectX 8.1
40GB hard drive

Ask, please, ask if you need anymore details. I will be in great debt to anyone who has any idea what is going on. Thank you so much for reading this and giving up your time, and bearing with me.

PS: I typed this on a different PC, if you're wondering. My parent's one.