View Single Post
Old 09-28-2001, 05:51 PM   #1
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Just wondering how many of you would describe yourself as Neo Pagan.

I personally think the growth and spread of spiritual appreciation of the environment is exactly what the planet earth needs at this time -- the understanding on a spiritual level of the importance of natural ecology and environment.

I think that only such a deep change in prevalent world views will provide the will to make the changes we need to do regarding our approach to the environment.

Anyway, Samhain will be coming up in a month. Cool fall days and the turning of leaves have me thinking along such lines

Note, I do not mean to imply that only neo pagan religion can give rise to the spiritual understanding of the importance of ecology. Rather, it is a spiritual understanding that is fortunately manifesting itself in many places, including the the views of environmentally conscious christians and atheists.

The so-called "neo pagan" religions do represent, however, the most visible manifestation of the new envirnmental spiritualism, being of course new religions formed with spiritual awareness and relationship with the environment as a key principle.

[This message has been edited by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown (edited 09-28-2001).]