View Single Post
Old 10-16-2000, 04:49 AM   #2
Anshar

Well, for one thing, the game does actually work with other apps. Most likely you have at least two or three other windows apps running all the time that you don't realize you do. In fact, average pepole, in my experience trying to fix their PCs, wind up with like 15 stupid things running that they don't realize they are. They are just telling you to shut other stuff down because it will reduce the probability that some other program is interfering with it.

Actually, MANY applications out there have conflicts with all sorts of other programs. Games tend to be very taxing on your hardware, so they are usually less forgiving about sharing with other apps. Just take a look at support pages for things like WINFAX though...you'll find amazingly long lists of programs that shouldn't be run at the same time because of conflicts. There's really no way to avoid it, since every programmer in the world would have to know exactly what every othre programmer did in his or her programs to avoid any conflicts.

Besides that, just on a side note...I don't have the box in front of me...do they even have the licensed windows logo on there? Some people don't even bother. I know interplay was using their own little Win95 compatible picture for a long time, although they may have put the real one on since.