View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 01:05 AM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Being treated well, when the company need not do so, but particularly when they are at fault and they should do something for you, makes such a huge difference. It's a shame that it is so rare that when you do experience quality service it has to be remarked upon with surprise. So often companies just give you the run-around, don't follow through on promises made, have call centre operators who can't give you adequate information, etc. Even simple things, like I have had dealings with two companies recently where I had to have people come out to my house to do stuff and both times I asked for a phone call before they arrived so I would know to expect them since they could only give me a half-day window in which to expect them, and neither time did the people bother. For one company I was told when I asked that of course, it's policy to call! And it's something that is so small and insignificant for the person coming, and in fact for one guy it was necessary, because he was swapping something over for me and if I wasn't there he would have completely wasted his time, and yet it wasn't done.

And huh, the good service is paying off - here you are telling us all about it which makes us feel positively about Amazon.