View Single Post
Old 11-18-2000, 08:32 PM   #1
Arno
Welcomed New User

Hi Wyv,

I thought I would appeal directly to you 'cos I know you've finished the game at least once, and you just can't let a posting go unanswered

I've got a little problem in Shurugeon Castle which, quite frankly, is annoying me. I can't get into the treasury because I can't seem to do the gargoyle yanks in the right order. I think the final yank is the one on the left hand pillar closest to the door, it immediately retracts once pulled. However, I can't seem to discover the right combo for all the other chains.

What I find most annoying - and won't I be embarassed if you tell me I've missed something - is that there aren't any clues as to what the order might be. And given there are 8 chains, the permutations and combinations are substantial enough to generate a high Arghh! factor. Grrr. Even the "slot machine" in the Serpent Temple made more sense.
I eagerly await the pearls of wisdom you will hopefully dispense in my direction.

Your humble servant,
Arno

PS My first RPG was Blacksilver on the Commodore 64. Anyone else play that/remember that? Mucho fun!