View Single Post
Old 11-14-2000, 02:48 PM   #3
Gaijin

Just a quick note concerning Win2000 for any that may not be aware.

W2K is NOT intended for the average home user! If you want to keep playing games and enjoying interactive multimedia AVOID IT like the plague! Since it's based on the Windows NT 4 kernel, it's more useful for businesses who want a high security platform for networking/intranet/etc. W2K interferes with direct hardware access, so it drags down multimedia performance in almost every respect unless you're running at LEAST a 500Mhz processor with a minimum of 128MB of RAM. Basically, you better have a hot-rod of a PC if you want to run games RELIABLY under W2K! Even then, you're likely to get better performance from Windows 98/SE/ME for games and multimedia.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, so I thought I'd toss it out there for the people having W2K problems. Lily, choose your OS for that new computer wisely!

If Micro$oft would try a little harder to inform their customers of things like this, there wouldn't be so many game message boards flooded with W2K users who can't get their games to work properly...