View Single Post
Old 07-11-2002, 12:40 PM   #4
Charean
Hathor

So now this is an INSTITUTE? Does that mean we are institutionalized? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I have heard this many times and many ways - and do my best to be careful what I watched on TV (when I had one) and where I go on the Net. I am 98% polite to strangers I encounter in my dealings with the public (there is about 2% honestly, when either they or I had a bad day). I do try to make others smile when possible because it makes ME feel good. So what goes in DOES come out in how you deal with others.

I could take this a step further. Look at those you don't like (for whatever reason) and figure out why. Is that something within you that you don't like as well? I have found this to be true for me. When I get irritated by someone, usually it is something inside me that I haven't corrected yet.

When I am nice to someone and they are nice back, it reinforces the idea that I am a nice person in my subconscious... and that becomes more solid the more I act that way. It becomes habit. Like any other habit. Keep doing it and it sticks.

Good stuff, Rudy!