View Single Post
Old 10-31-2001, 10:28 PM   #52
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Interesting topic. Personally I believe that God did create everything......but I am also a scientist, well engineer in training. I believe that the genesis story is purely symbolic.....and that evolution and the big bang may of course be true. In fact I believe they were tools used by the creator. It takes a lot more faith to believe that the world was created randomly than to believe it was created by an all-powerful being. Aethiests have far more faith than Christians therefore. Their faith is that there is no creator. Therefore they either cannot explain where everything came from, or cling tightly to their science and randomness? Who created science? Who created randomness? What happened before the big bang? Where did the particles come from to build up the pressure to cause the big bang? Ok u might explain that....but then u'd have to explain what happened to cause the thing that caused the big bang to happen. It is an infinite process. Just like splitting atoms is an infinite process...u can always go smaller. Counting is an infinite process. Humans cannot comprehend infinity....we can never count to infinity. Computers will never be able to comprehend infinity...though they will comprehend greater numbers than humans. So someone must have created infinity. Someone (thing) that is beyond infinity. Beyond human comprehension. There is no other explanation. Everything had to start somewhere/somehow/sometime. Only an infinite being has no beginning and no end. You might call it God, Allah, or whatever you want. It is there....there is absolutely no other explanation.

And this is all besides all the other evidence. I see ppl who don't see all this as mentally blind.
I agree about the Genesis story as I said earlier in this thread. I find it interesting that we come to the same conclusion about infinity ,but from differing view points. I'm an artist trained to think conceptually, not linear(mathematicaly) and I can't rap my mind around the Infinite (since I'm finite).

------------------
Crustiest of the OLD COOTS
Airline ticket to Afghanistan $800
High powered rifle with scope $1000
Hotel room with roof access $100
A clean Head shot on that sack of Horse Manure Usuma Bin Laden PRICELESS!